Initial startup of Windows almost always BSODs or black screens hangs

batmankiller

I always have issues on the first initial startup of Windows. Restarts are fine and resets are fine but the second I turn it off and have to turn it on or have to turn it on for the first time of the day, it usually hangs or BSODs. I have never gotten a BSOD once Windows has started.

Recently I installed a new cpu fan (I'm not sure if maybe the voltages are wrong but it's still a zalman cpu cooler, just a new shark fin fan and is 4 pins instead of 3) and this has started the windows black screen.

I had recently also done a massive drivers update which seemed to have worsened the issue as I was only getting BSODs once in awhile which led me to try to update some drivers. Now it happens every initial startup.

Unfortunately I do not have anymore restore points prior to any driver installations at this time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 112814-18860-01.zip
    38 KB · Views: 1
  • 112914-20420-01.zip
    38.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 113014-19219-01.zip
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 120314-19640-01.zip
    36.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DxDiag.txt
    37.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Sounds like the boot hard drive is having some issues. Go to Computer and right-click on the C drive. Select Properties, Tools, Check Now. Put a check mark in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up. It may be wise to back up your important data and files soon

I've tried that and I'm now not getting BSOD but always black screen of death on boot during my first initial boot and it's fine after the reset.

Under an hour I believe and nope no errors. I'm attaching two new minidumps. First time I had an error on the reset after the initial startup.

Attachments

• 121514-21933-01.zip
    37.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 121514-22105-01.zip
    43.7 KB · Views: 1
At the first initial boot the power supply is more stressed, than after the computer runs for a while

Back