" .NET FRAMEWORK INITILISATION ERROR"
    Microsoft.NET framework V1.14322
    and I cant open Media Center
    Can you help
    Thank you
    Brian

2. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,277

Simplest solution is to re-install .NET. Bad news is this takes a long time, although it's fully automated. I use a utility call .Net cleanup tool to remove all versions then use Windows Updates to download and isntall all versions. This will take over an hour, maybe longer. I can't attach it because it's an ".exe" file so you'll have to find it on the Internet somewhere.

-- Andy

3. BRI11

BRI11 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Andy
    Willgive it a go
    Brian

4. BRI11

Hi Andy
    unable to delete files and when I try to download .net it says "incompatible with previous installed"
    Brian

5. almcneil

Are you using the utility I recommened? .NET cleanup tool ?

6. BRI11

Hi Andy
    In have downloaded Zdelete and ran it but no joy.
    On Add and Remove it is still listed as Windows Xp service pack 3 but there isnt any detail in the size of it

7. BRI11

Now cured thank you
    Now it says video card or drivers not suitable for WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER can you help
    Please

8. almcneil

First, how to you resolve the .NET initilization error?

Second, what is the video card you have in your system? Once we have that, then go to the web site for the manufacturer and look up the driver for it for Windows Media Center.

-- Andy

9. BRI11

Thanks Andy

10. BRI11

Hi Andy
    Sorry for being so ignorant but
    How do I find out which Video Card is installed?

11. almcneil

It's not a rude question at all! This is a support forum, so there never is a stupid question. We're here to help!

There are several ways. The first is to check Device Manager and see what name it gives you.

Start -> (right-click) My Computer -> manage -> Device Manager -> Display Adpaters

Now the name displayed may or may not be the commercial name (Windows only displays the names it has in it's list, the manufacturer may have renamed it.) So if it's one that you don't recognize or doesn't help you need to use a Diagnostic program such as Lavalys Eversest. you can find it on the Internet and costs $40 (I think) Or you can open the chassis and read the label on the video card.

-- Andy

12. BRI11

Thanks
    dont have a name on Manager so I ill try to open up chassis
    Thanks
    brian

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.