TechSpot

insane buzzing

By rossi46
Jun 10, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My machine's started to buzz in a very annoying way in the last few days. Tonight, I pulled all the components out and systematically cleaned them all. There was literally not a spec of dust inside the case when I powered up tonight. For 30 minutes or so there was silence - now it's buzzing crazier than ever

spec:XP home, 3.4, 200gig, 1gig ram.

Ive tried listening to the case, but I cant narrow the noise down to a specific area. Both my fans are operating as normal and the temp is sitting at a constant 60-63 deg.

This problem is causing me anguish because the PC is used mainly for video editing and I feel I'm close to a breakdown - it's like Chinese water torture...

2. rossi46

rossi46 TS Rookie Topic Starter

A quick update: When I click start/turn off, the noise goes away immediately. I sit and watch the 'windows is shutting down' screen for a few minutes in silence. I'm thinking it's a ram thing...would that make sense?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.