Insert CD-R, Instant Restart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishingidiot

Recently, i have found that my computer restarts when i insert a CD-R into my TDK 52 speed burner. This just recently came about, and I don't know how to fix it! I need some music CD's! :confused:

Blank!

These CD-Rs are just blank ones right off of the spindle. What else should i check? Do you need any system specs?
Thx, LC

try uninstalling your ide drivers from device manager, then rebooting. it should find automatically your ide drivers and your cd/dvd drives again from default.

worse!

I went into device manager and uninstalled the driver. I restarted my computer and when i got to the point where i log onto my computer, it works for about 5 seconds, and then restarts. I disabled it in BIOS, that didnt work. My computer only works now if the drive is not hooked up to the motherboard. Anything else? :hotbounce
-LC

what driver did you uninstall. the driver for the drive itself or the ide channel driver. if you uninstall the ide drivers, reboot windows will normally automatically see them and reinstall.

Burner Driver

I clicked on the "CD/DVD driver" tab, and then right clicked my burner, and clicked "Uninstall driver." I just uninstalled the driver for the CD drive.

cd drives are controlled by the ide connections. in device manager there is a setting ide/atapi/etc. those are the drivers i was talking about. you may try disconnecting your cd drive, booting, uninstalling ide channels, rebooting. they "should" reinstall automatically via windows. then try hooking back up your cd drive.

i had a similar issue and i uninstalled all 3 listings in there. when i got them reinstalled, they were listed different and my issues were gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back