Insert media and select boot device

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two problems:
1)Ive reformatted my computer, booting from Windows Xp Genuine Kit, and deleting the partitions, and then reinstalling one. I had a problem with my product key, and got that figured out with microsoft. I loaded up into windows, started installing the MOBO drivers (InstAll, with my ASUS P5B-SE), Games, Files. I was asked to restart, and in which case, I ended up seeing the message...
"Unable to boot from device, Insert media and select boot device, or press a key to continue"
I cannot overcome this message. Ive reconnected everything inside, checked fan's and my drives. Cant figure this out, and im about to lose it. Spent 200 bucks for WGAK and now my comp isnt working? WTF?
2) My computer now shuts off after about 4-8 seconds from turning on

MOBO: Asus P5B-SE
RAM: 3g DDR
VC: Ati Radeon
Proc: 3.3ghz

Help, Thanks!

Hi

sounds like a thermal fault, or a mobo failure,

Try this

strip the board down, use one stick of memory and just the video card.

No HDD's or CD rom units

See if the System powers on.

Let us know

Go into the BIOS and make sure the boot order is right. Also, make sure the XP media is in the drive when you try and boot. I've actually seen sucky installs where the media had to be in the drive for the computer to boot (no. seriously.. lol)

Oh yeah i get it now, i had to read that twice, sometimes you have to have a bootable Cd or Floppy in the drive for the OS to boot, not seen that though since NT went out the windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back