Inspiron 1300 Battery Meter Fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigsal2k9

Hi all

annoying little problem, I had a virus called iamfamous.dll which I have removed.
but now my system is working fine, or at least I thought, I noticed my battery meter is missing from the tray next to the time and date.

ive googled this a million times, every1 says untick the box in power options to always show then retick, ive tried this about 84 times lol

next trick was to install dell quickset which still didnt show me how much battery I have left
the battery status' on dell quickset is greyed out

and on my inspiron 1300 the fn+f3 to bring up battery meter doesnt work.

any1 with a similar problem or someone who has a solution for me please help!!!
some screenshots are attached
also, no more warnings are popping up about critically low battery and so sometimes when power cable is loose laptop will just power down.

not knowing much about computers, but id say mayb theres an error from the pc communicating with windows, as its running from battery but wont display info about battery.

and im on XP professional
sorry about the format jpeg was taking ages to upload

Attachments

• battery icon.PNG
    battery icon.PNG
    2.9 KB · Views: 6
  • device manager.PNG
    device manager.PNG
    93.2 KB · Views: 5
thanks for ur post, nice to see ppl are willing to help, but i dont have a clue what your on about but it sounds like a long and dragged out process, instead i found this link:

http://www2.pcpro.co.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?p=482462&sid=eead81d53f02e88510c42d885533702f

right i have been looking around for a while now and most of the help just says untick/retick the show icon box in power options.

until i found this i thought all hope was lost:D

this guy has the exact same problem i have and has fixed his, unfortunately he posted this in 2006 so i have a feeling he wont be replying to me if i ask him:d

basically he said he recovered his icons by uninstalling and reinstalling his battery and powersupply drivers, this would be great for me,...... if i knew how to do this lool

any1 who can help pls give me a step by step *****s guide on how to do this. also mention if this can seriously damage my system as i really need this laptop!

and i have noticed that in the power options box there are usually 6 tabs, mine only has 4 which makes me think that theres a problem with the battery communicating with the laptop, but unfortunately i have no idea which driver is responsible for the battery if anyone knows pls do help!!!

also, ive looked through the device manager and there is no seperate menu for batteries which makes me worry since ive seen screenshots of other peopls device manager which has seperate heirarchys containing the battery....

this makes me wonder if it is possible a problem with the bat.dll or batmeter.dll in system32??

any1 know dont hesistate to tell me lol and if so where do i get replacement files/>?

been doing abit more research

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1215873169

this guy has the same problem as me but he mentions two other drivers under the battery section, only thing is i dont have a battery section or the other two drivers but i do have microsoft composite battery and it is up to date apparently....

* notice ive added a new screen shot of my device manager to the beginning of this thread with the other attachments:D

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE THIS IS GUNNA MAKE ME INSANE!!!!!!

problem solved...

tried eveything i could think of and everything suggested on the web that had worked for most..

in the end i had to reformat my laptop and re install XP

unfortunately no easy way around it and this had to be done, so if any1 else has this problem search around on google for as long as you can before you really cba anymore :D
then reformatting will be the only option left for you unless you are willing to live with this little problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back