Inspiron e1505 laptop doesnt start

guys i have a inspiron e1505 laptop with windows vista 7 ultimate original. from nearly 2 months sometimes a new desktop screen with windows classic theme appears n some times net connection is also disabled. n when i try to refresh the page it shows the location is unavailable. i have a bit defender original antivirus . n it never showed any virus. but, i had a small doubt that this is because of virus . so i tried to reinstall vista. whenever i tried to boot the system with the dvd , nothin happened and the system booted in the normal way. i checked the boot options everything was alright. so i tried to install after loading windows. even then most of the time the dvd drive wasn't reading the dvd n showed no disc. the dvd is in perfect condition with not even a single scratch n its working fine in all other laptops. on top of that all other dvds are working fine n the prob is only with the windows dvd . this made me think that the virus is preventing me from installing windows. sometimes the vista dvd worked. but once i try to select the location where to install windows. it shows nothing to select n something like no location is available. so finally i removed the hard disk n formatted it by connecting to the usb port of another laptop using some connector n again placed in my laptop n tried to install vista again. this time it showed boot manager missing n the dvd never loaded. earlier once in a while it worked. now everything is gone. this is my mom's laptop n she's very angry now. i need to get it to working condition soon. i'm feeling very bad. what exactly is the prob with my laptop and how can i rectify it ? can some one help me plzzzzzzzzz

much thanks
nitin

Back