Inspiron E1705 : "invalid configuration information"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im fixing this laptop that was bought for parts and ended up putting together (had some minor water damage) starts up fine and all but the only prolem im having is that the CMOS will not save the time and date and i get the message every time i boot.
any help Thank you

the cmos battery is putting out 3.31v and is new.

Thanks

img0172by.jpg

Hi

are you sure that its the BIOS battery that your checking.~?

also try leaving the power connected to it for a few days and with the BIOS setup on the screen, some batteries are rechargeable and take a few days to charge fully before they work.

failing that the mobo is damaged.

Yea I know it's the CMOS battery it's putting out about 3.3v
I had the laptop on in windows over night, I will have to try to leave it on in the bios
wouldn't it turn off after a while?

so i left the laptop on for a couple of days then i let it boot into windows and then shut it down but after restarting it the same message appeared.

any other suggestions?

sorry for the triple post

so i cant get the cmos battery to work. is there something i can set up at start up to update the time with the internet time every time it boots?

This may be a stupid question but is the Cmos battery connect to the motherboard, if it is sounds like voltage is not getting to Cmos ?? o/c somewhere.

not to great with voltage and ampage, is it possible for the battery to have 3.3v but not enough ampage, have you tried another battery.?

no OC its a dell laptop

i tried the battery on another laptop and it worked fine.
so now im thinking its the board or something else, is there a way to have windows update the date and time automaticly when it boots?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back