Instagram to run ads as user base tops 150 million monthly users

By Shawn Knight
Sep 9, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Many thought Instagram had reached its pinnacle when Facebook agreed to purchase Instagram for $1 billion last year. Would the social networking giant tarnish the app or would they actually have something useful to bring to the table? If you...

Read more
  2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,391   +2,175

"But whether or not Instagram will be able to implement those ads without ticking off the community once again remains to be seen."

I'm sure there will be no shortage of complaints. If it's one thing users of free services hate, it's when the service providers try and monetize traffic with ads.

That said, this would provide an excellent incentive for Instagram Premium (if they don't already have an equivalent).
  3. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,620   +506

Don't use the service, don't think I will now. Will there be complaints, more than likely, as davis stated, when a free add less service gets adds the users complain, then they get use to it, then they find something else to waste their time.
  4. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Thanks Facebook. Even though I dont use Instagram often, this is annoying.