Install 2K after XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well actually it did. I wasn't able to boot to XP after installing 2K. After much trial and error I figured out I could boot with the XP cd and choose the repair option. Doh!:D

Now that I have 2K & XP

I wonder if I could defrag my XP partition with Norton Speed disk 2001 from my 2K install? Safely?

(*mods note: Merged threads "Now that I have 2K & XP" w/ "Install 2K after XP?"
For the sake of continuity, it would have been better to reply to your previous post. That way people can follow your problem & the story line. Anytime you reply to a previous post, it will be bumped to the top of the order, & further shows up in Today's Active Topics

Thunder, just curious, why do you want to install both XP and 2K ? What are the benifits of having 2k if you already have XP ??
Thanks and good luck.

What if it were Win2K Server and WinXP Pro - there would be a good reason to install both. Lots of services not available in XP Pro that are in 2K Server.

LNCPapa

Originally posted by LNCPapa
What if it were Win2K Server and WinXP Pro - there would be a good reason to install both. Lots of services not available in XP Pro that are in 2K Server.

LNCPapa

Yes, that's what I have, Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP2, amongst other things....

The server gives you many abilities that are unavailable in Windows XP.

Windows XP has a better bootloader than Windows 2000, though, its faster and slicker..... if installing Windows 2000 second you might be well making a copy first of all files in the root directory of your active marked primary (boot) partition to another location. Make sure that you take everything, including system and hidden files. After the Windows 2000 installation is complete, restore these files.

has anybody ever installed a Win 2k Server after Win Xp?
Since the W2k Server CD is not bootable, i dont know how to do it.
Thanx

No, the server CD should be bootable.

But anyway, you can launch the setup program from within another OS such as XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back