Install.log missing

abe10tiger

[SOLVED]Install.log missing

I can't uninstall Yahoo Messenger and Chikka Messenger V4 because it can't seem to find the INSTALL.LOG file.

Every time I try to uninstall these programs, a message appears saying "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file" I really need these programs out of my system.

Here's a picture.
a_log.JPG

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi abe

I was curious so did a bit googling about your problem. Before you try any of the following i'd also backup all your stuff (maybe even image the disk) just to be safe

It seems your problem is not uncommon. It also seems the simplest remedy i saw posted was to manually run the unwise installer yourself to remove the program

For instructions on youtube click HERE. Also see HERE

Hi LookinAround

Thanks for your response but it seems to be that the INSTALL.LOG File itself is missing and I can't find it.

I did find a video in Youtube about how to fix a missing INSTALL.LOG File.It said in the video to re-install the program so that a new INSTALL.LOG File could be created.

I'm going to try that now.

Thanks! :)

Ok, I was successfully able to uninstall Yahoo Messenger by re-installing it, and then un-installing. Still having problems with Chikka Messenger though.

Back