TechSpot

Install.log missing

By abe10tiger
May 10, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. [SOLVED]Install.log missing

I can't uninstall Yahoo Messenger and Chikka Messenger V4 because it can't seem to find the INSTALL.LOG file.

Every time I try to uninstall these programs, a message appears saying "Could not open INSTALL.LOG file" I really need these programs out of my system.

Here's a picture.
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance. :)

2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,398   +169

Hi abe

I was curious so did a bit googling about your problem. Before you try any of the following i'd also backup all your stuff (maybe even image the disk) just to be safe

It seems your problem is not uncommon. It also seems the simplest remedy i saw posted was to manually run the unwise installer yourself to remove the program

For instructions on youtube click HERE. Also see HERE

3. abe10tiger

abe10tiger TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 782   +10

Hi LookinAround

Thanks for your response but it seems to be that the INSTALL.LOG File itself is missing and I can't find it.

I did find a video in Youtube about how to fix a missing INSTALL.LOG File.It said in the video to re-install the program so that a new INSTALL.LOG File could be created.

I'm going to try that now.

Thanks! :)

Ok, I was successfully able to uninstall Yahoo Messenger by re-installing it, and then un-installing. Still having problems with Chikka Messenger though.

4. abe10tiger

abe10tiger TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 782   +10

The problem is no longer a problem. I had to reformat my laptop anyway so...... thanks :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.