TechSpot

Install xp bootscreen without software

By kiyhkuj
Nov 18, 2007
  1. Hi guys and gals at techspot. :grinthumb I wanted to know if it is possible to replace the xp bootscreen to a modified one without any executables or any software to apply it: i want 2 do it manually. Thanx for support in advance.:)

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

I don't understand what you are asking...

Do you want to repair or reinstall XP without using an XP install CD? Go to http://bootdisk.com and see what they have available. Without software, this task is not possible or practical

3. kiyhkuj

kiyhkuj TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 85

no i mean like customize the xp bootscreen (the one that shows the xp logo and progress bar) that's all. without any executable doing it or any software changing it though. have any ideas?

4. kiyhkuj

views = 53 and only 1 reply? this website has more people that can help me!! come on guys!

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

6. kiyhkuj

ah forget it

7. fastco

fastco TS Booster Posts: 1,122

8. Infested_Raynor

Infested_Raynor TS Rookie Posts: 16

BootScreen Changing

Hey man, heheh, i've been down the same road as you, only to realize its way too risky to do it manually, so i went and downloaded "BootSkin" From Wincustomize, www.wincustomize.com where you can choose a ton of free bootskins, and just download them for free, they are small, usually 500 kb to 1mb, and you can download 20 mbs free per 24 hours, so its not bad, but anywho, program is free, and its A LOT safer lol believe me.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.