Installation error for Medieval 2 Total War Gold Edition

Hi all, Im new here and i was wondering if you guys could help me with a problem i have with the installation of Medieval 2 Total War Gold Edition.

First of all, my system specs are:

Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Intel i5 650 Dual Core 3.2Ghz
4GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT340 1GB

I had previously installed the game successfully and it played without problems. However, I decided to uninstall the game after patching Kingdoms for some reason i dont recall (probably cos my desktop was too full). At first i couldnt uninstall the game, instead it would keep trying to install the game again (although it was already installed), i kept on trying to do this until i gave up and uninstalled the programs from Control Panel.
After a couple of weeks I wanted to play the game again so I began installing it, putting in Disc 1, but instead of starting the installation the InstallWizard asks for Disc 2 right away. So i insert Disc 2 and the Wizard only gives me options to install Kingdoms, so i install Kingdoms.
After Kingdoms is installed the Wizard closes and ends the installation, the main game (Medieval 2 Total War) didnt install and when i try to play the Kingdoms an error pops up saying: "The program can't start because mss32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". I have tried reinstalling but it keeps giving me this same message and continues to skip the installation of the main game (only installing Kingdoms). Please help, it would be much appreciated.

Mss.32.dll is part of the miles sound system.

Delete any remaining parts of your game installation, They should be in a folder in c/program filesx86/ sega/ medieval 2 total war, then try to reinstall.

Or you can try to download the missing dll file and put it in to that folder manually.

Get it here : http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?mss32

Download the zip file not the fixer, extract the dll file and put it in your game install directory.

Thanks but its a little too late for me hehe. I gave up last month and just bought it off Steam, everything installed fine and works.

Back