Installed drivers but no sound

Soooooo, my hard disk crashed before I did a backup, I have no recovery disks, toshiba doesnt ship to afghanistan, I bought a SSD drive, I bought Win 7 64 bit. Before this I tried to recover files by any means necessary, to no avail it dleted all my files and drivers. I installed win 7 and realized I had no drivers. From the Toshiba website I installed all drivers for my model L655D-5066. Everything works except the sound. I click on the speakers fron the device manager and win tells me all the drivers are up to date. The driver installed for sound is conexant smart audio hd 4.119 something. The driver for the speakers is windows 6.1. something; it will not let me use the conexant or anything else. What do I have to or need to do?

This is what I see...speaker sys 1.jpgproblems.jpgAudio driver pic.jpgHigh def controller.jpgspeaker sys 2.jpg

Not sure if I can help, but will take a look...

List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

Ok I will try that. I got my sound to work by re-installing my drivers in a certain order. I will try that now because my headphone jack doesn't work. Driving me crazy. Thx for the help!!!

Back