Installed new hard drive, get message on boot

Coxis

Hey guys,

I've recently installed a new hard drive on my desktop PC. It's a 750GB 2.5" drive that I removed off of a new laptop I got. The drive works great, BUT ever since I installed it I get a really annoying message every time I boot my machine. It's some sort of copyright disclaimer. It says the brand of the HDD (Hitachi) and lists the copyright of the disk management system or something like that. It says copyright jmicron.com and then "Hit enter to continue".

The message is displayed maybe for 2.5 seconds and it disappears on its own, so no need to press enter. Pressing enter will get rid of it faster. So yes, it's not an error but it's annoying and it adds to my boot time. I'm assuming the exact brand and model of the HDD isn't relevant, nor is it the message, but if it is, let me know and I'll post that information (I'm not near my PC at the moment). Is there an option in the BIOS or msconfig I could change to get rid of this?

Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8GHz
6 GB DDR3 RAM 1600Mhz
120 GB Samsung SSD Main drive
3 additional HDDs, 160GB, 500GB and 750GB.
ATI Radeon HD 7950 @ 3GB
1000W Power Supply
W764

A little help with this, please? I'm baffled, I'm no computer newbie and I've installed many-a hard drives before, but I had never gotten this message after installation. The exact model of the hard drive is:

Hitachi HTS547575A9E384

This is a picture of the message:

10879531664_beff3b6f09_b.jpg

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. After a quick skim through there doesn't seem to be a solution -- but I'll keep looking and update this thread if I find anything...

Thanks again.

Turns out I installed the drive on the wrong SATA port. My MB has 6 SATA ports and an additional one, labeled "JMicron JMB363". It's some sort of special port for hot-swapping drives and such. Simply changing the drive to one of the regular ports fixed the problem. :)

Back