Installer for battery

By beschwa
Mar 17, 2005
  1. I got this error "windows could not load the installer for Battery" while I was installing WinXP Pro SP2. What is this error mean and how can i fix it? Thank you for all your help
  2. dopefisher

dopefisher TS Rookie Posts: 444

is that the EXACT error message?
  3. ercan

ercan TS Rookie

4. bowbiter

bowbiter TS Rookie

Ah finally found the fix... too bad i didn't google this earlier. i'd been googling for something with windows not being able to find the battery driver and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery - 5.1.2535.0
    Battery driver

oh well works now thanks!
  5. petrumusic

petrumusic TS Rookie

Installer for battery fixed, solved, download batt.dll

Here's another working solution:
    The batt.dll file. It is missing in the windows/system32 folder.

download the file batt.dll from

(TECHSPOT didn't let me put here the link !!! Lousy policy !

batt.dll download search with google and the first link is the one

...put it in the windows/system32 folder than ,if it doesn't install automaticaly, browse for the battery driver to that folder windows/system32

That's all. Good luck. Petrumusic
  6. camrias

camrias TS Rookie

Solution to missing batt.dll after nLite

If you made an nLite install disk (probably for an EEE 901 ;-), and you are getting the error "Windows could not load the installer for Battery" (meaning that the batt.dll file is missing), it is because of a deleted component under Hardware Support.

Specifically, the error is caused by removal of the "CMD PCI IDE Controller" entry in Components ยป Hardware Support. You can get more info at camrias. com
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.