installing ati radeon9800xt problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid we need a bit more info from you.

Without info, my first guess is that you didn't plug the card in with it's own power connector.

ati-radeon-9800xt.jpg

If you DO have it plugged in, the come back with your system specs including motherboard make/model and your PSU make and watts.

Also, more info on your beep codes please. Two short beeps repeatedly?

Welcome to Techspot by the way!

Yes i have put connected the power lead

Windows xp
intel pentium 4
3.06ghz 600w power supply
mother board is a sis661
not sure on my psu can you tell me how to find out?

I have taken out my current Card a Geforce fx5600 to install when I switch back on after about 5 secounds there is a continuos beeping

Thanks for replying and thanks for the welcome

Seangie said:
I have taken out my current Card a Geforce fx5600 to install when I switch back on after about 5 secounds there is a continuos beeping

I am not quite following you there.

Your system had a FX5600 in it. You took it out and pop the new card in. When you try and turn your system on, you get nothing on the screen and you hear continuous beeping?

What happens when you put your old card back. No problems?

Did you uninstall the Nvidia drivers before you installed the new ATI card?

yes i unistalled the nvidea drivers,put the new card in switched on and continuous beeping i then put the old card back in wiyh no problems

Alright, here's what I would do next then:

You have given us your motherboard's chipset name only so far, so I assume you don't know your motherboard's make/model. Is your system a "brand name" like dell or something? If so, give us your model number (i.e., Dell demention 8000 etc)

If not, then download and run cpu-Z on your system. It is a probing software that scans your hardware and tells you what you have: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/27-cpu-z.html we need to know what it is reporting for "mainboard".

Next open up your case and have a look at the power supply. Look at the sticker attached to it. Does it say 600W? Who made it? Have a look at the chart on the sticker, and tell how many amps it says it puts out on the +12v rail.

Once we have your motherboard make/model, we can find the drivers for your system and update them. Hopefully that will fix you up :)

Info you asked for

it appears to be a sis 601
chipset sis 661 fx rev 11
southbridge sis 964

yes the power supply is an artic 600 w with jeantech

thanks

I need you to re-read my post above and supply the information, otherwise I am sorry but I will not be able to help out.....

Hi,

Hopefully the motherboard info was ok?
the power supply is a jeantech 600w atx and the 12 v rail is 19 a

Thanks

Keep in mind you can edit a post after posting. Check out the "Edit" button. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back