Installing Computer PCI Extension Slot Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZvista

For a few months now ASUS Smart Doctor has occasionally being popping up telling me my EN8600GT was too hot, and at 80+ Degrees they are probably right.

In a mission to remedy this, i decided to by a PCI slot fan. This hopefully provide enough fresh air to my graphics card which only has a large passive cooling heat sink.

anyway, enough about that. time for the question.

I have bought a Antec VCool. http://www.antec.com/usa/productDetails.php?lan=us&id=75060. One of the more expensive items fans of this sought from a friend. Sadly, he has used it for about a week as a trial and threw away the box D: so i wont have in instruction manual.

HOW DO I INSTALL SOMETHING LIKE THE VCOOL INTO MY EXPANSION SLOTS?

Thankyou.

PS: The site does have an installation guide, but the most it mentions is: Fasten the VCool to the PCI expansion slot right next to your VGA card

The slot fan assembly installs just like any PCI card. I personally don't like to use them, but they just might work for your situation

the antec V-cool comes in three parts (;ike sections of a tunnel) so you can remove part of it to center the fan right under the Gpu chip. just mount it in the adjacent pci slot. will probably reduce your gpu temp by 5-10c. and just needs a 4 pin molex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back