Installing drivers in non-OS SSD partition?

[FONT=Verdana]Hi guys,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Just got my Y580, installed [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Samsung 830 256 GB[/FONT][FONT=Verdana]. (fresh install wins 7)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I have 2 partitions, 1 for OS and 1 for anything other than that.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I put most of my drivers in C: (wins 7 OS) I observe a slower boot time from ard 8 secs to 20 secs after all the drivers have been loaded.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]My question is, will it help if I install the driver in the non-OS partition instead?[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Will it work and will it have any consequences in the future?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]and what is the average [/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Samsung[/FONT][FONT=Verdana] 830 boot time with drivers and programs? just for comparison..[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Thank you very much for your help [/FONT]

10-15s should be about right. You can't really install drivers to your secondary partition as they usually copy essential files to system32 for example anyway.

I mean you could always go to msconfig and turn their respective applications off? Realtek HD Audio Manager is a good example, but then you lose that functionality (Volume, device selection, Tests etc)

Back