Installing Geforce 8600gt into eMachines 1331

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I plug in my 8600gt, it does not come up in the device manager. When I plug my monitor into my 8600gt it does not show anything on my screen, but when I plug my monitor into the motherboard, the screen works. If my video card is not working, how can I tell w/o plugging it into another computer? And if my video card IS working, how do I install it on my computer?

See if you have the option to turn off the on-board video in the e Machines bios. If so, turn it off and try the new video card once more

See if you have the option to turn off the on-board video in the e Machines bios. If so, turn it off and try the new video card once more

The option is greyed out and I can't change it. It is currently marked enabled. I contacted emachines and they told me that I don't have to disable the onboard graphics card to install my other one, so I am lead to believe my 8600gt is broken. Going to go try a new card soon and if it works than I'll buy it. But if it doesn't, I'll still need help.

"I contacted emachines and they told me that I don't have to disable the onboard graphics card"...

I thought that this might be the case. Have you remembered to connect the power supply to the 8600 if required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back