TechSpot

Installing Hard disk sata Drivers

By cypro
Jul 3, 2008
  1. I have a problem. when trying to install XP I can't get the drivers to load from the CD it wants them In A: drive and that's too much information for a diskette, Can anyone help me out on this?

2. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,481   +233

It depends on the motherboard but often the SATA/RAID drivers are not just copied directly from the CD to the floppy. Motherboard driver CDs often have drivers for different chipsets and different operating systems. In these cases a utility program on the CD is used so you can select the correct drivers which will fit on the floppy diskette. Directions on how to make the SATA driver floppy are usually in the motherboard manual.

It would be better if we knew what motherboard you have.

3. cypro

cypro TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

its a asus k8v-x motherboard

4. cypro

is anyone going to help me on this matter further? Please

5. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,481   +233

As I said earlier you need to make a floppy with the appropriate drivers. Do you have a copy of the motherboard manual? If not, find it here. See page 3-10 on how to make the SATA/RAID floppy. There is a makedisk.exe utility you have to use. I know it says RAID but this is what you want.

Alternately, you can download probably a more recent driver version from the same website I linked to. Just click on the Drivers tab. After downloading and unzipping the file, make a driver floppy in the same manner as if the files were from a CD.

6. cypro

thank you so much, I really apprecate it.
    I just needed the step by step to learn how to do it. Thanks again

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.