Installing multiple linux OS in a single hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to install Fedora core 6, Ubuntu 6.06 and Kubuntu in a single harddisk of 80 GB. Step by step installation is requested as I am an intermediary as far as Linux OS is concerned.

vsraman5 said:
How to install Fedora core 6, Ubuntu 6.06 and Kubuntu in a single harddisk of 80 GB. Step by step installation is requested as I am an intermediary as far as Linux OS is concerned.

Why do you want so many OSes?

Have you looked on the linux site?

Yeah why would you need so many OS on 1 computer?

You can only use 1 :haha:

If you really want so many OS then build alot of computers and put them on each ;)

If you are new to linux, I wouldn't bother with trying to install so many different distributions. Start with one, see if you like it, if you do stick with it, if not try another one.

If you want the easy way out, install Ubuntu. It is easy to install and maintain, and there is good community support.

A little "harder" but not bad, Fedora. This is the test-bed os for Red-Hat; if you want a mimic of Red-hat, install centos. All three (fedora, centos, and red-hat) are very similar, learning one will make you familiar with all

If you want grasp linux, install gentoo. Good documentation, good support, nice package management. Installing it takes more effort than the above mentioned.

If you want to LEARN linux, install slackware. It will force you to learn.

zacbraak said:
If you want grasp linux, install gentoo. Good documentation, good support, nice package management. Installing it takes more effort than the above mentioned.

If you want to LEARN linux, install slackware. It will force you to learn.

If you install Gentoo by hand, I'd say it will certainly force you to learn. Anyway, just install all of the window managers and you can pick out the one you like instead of installing all those distros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back