Installing New MSI M/B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm installing a new MSI K7N2 Delta2 Platninum M/B. Since it is equiped with nVidia2 as is my old ASUS A7N8X-E deluxe, do I have to reformat my HD and reinstall my O/S with the new drivers?

The second question is the MSI manual states to set a field of the MPS (Multi-Processor Specification) version for the O/S. The settings are [1.4], [1.1]. What do I set this to? Oh ya, I'm running Windows XP Professional w/SP2

Thank you and I do appreciate the help.

This Bud's for You!
Ducky

Ducky said:
I'm installing a new MSI K7N2 Delta2 Platninum M/B. Since it is equiped with nVidia2 as is my old ASUS A7N8X-E deluxe, do I have to reformat my HD and reinstall my O/S with the new drivers?
I recommend you reinstall.

(Windows Users Penal Code, Section 1: "Whoever foists a new mainboard on an existing Windows installation shall be punished by not less than five nights' troubleshooting. The attempt is punishable.")

Regards, Martin A

Hello Centurio, Thanks for your reply, Now that sounds like good advice. I was having sparadic lock-ups so I bought a new MSI board, my last hope to exercise the demon. So I'll do a reformat and a clean install. Oh found out what MPS setting to use, it's 1.4.

Thanks again
I drank your Bud, hic
Ducky

I have the exact same MB -great board. The answer is No.
Just uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones.

leave the factory setting for MPS. It works fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back