TechSpot

Installing Skyrim without a disc?

By Sunset Limit
May 11, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hello, I'm posting this because I just bought Skyrim for the PC, only to learn that my DvD drive is broken and won't read any discs. I have the game, and I have the auth. code still unused (Because I can't install the game!) So I was wondering if there is any way I can install the game without the disc, and just use my auth code to validate it? thank you for any help in advance, and sorry for bad english.

2. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,333   +278

Can't you just register your code with the Steam client? If you have a steam account just select Register New Game and enter the code. You can download and keep your game patched via Steam.

Relic, mopar man and Matthew like this.
  3. AqworldThunder

AqworldThunder TS Rookie

Get DAEMON Tools it can fix the problem.

4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,333   +278

I'm not sure how installing Daemon Tools is going to fix a broken DVD drive, but since the DRM for Skyrim is Steam then adding his auth code to his Steam account will have provided access to simply download the entire game via Steam. Surely we're not going to recommend he download an ISO of the Skyrim disk from who knows where and containing who knows what. Also, considering that this question was asked over 2 months ago I hope Sunset Limit is already many hours into the game after being given what should have been a working solution back then.

cliffordcooley likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.