TechSpot

Installing Windows 2000 from iso image

By topgun1111
Jan 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I wanna install windows 2000 from iso image to my dual core laptop.There are 4 partitions and I'm using windows xp on H:when I copied w. 2000 files to h and run h:\i386\winnt32.exe, it says I am using a newer version so I Cannot continue.I prepared my flash with WinSetupFromUsb but this time before partition selection section İt asks me to insert window 95 or 98 cd etc.How can I install windows 2000 without cd or ploppy drive.?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,987   +168

How are you creating the iso image in the first place? The iso image should be made from a full version not an upgrade version of the Windows 2000 SP4 install disc. You will also need a virtual CD/DVD utility like Virtual Clone Drive to "fool" the laptop in to thinking that is has a CD/DVD installed

3. topgun1111

topgun1111 TS Rookie Topic Starter

When I tried the iso image with a live cd-usb application.İt doesn't ask me to insert win98 cd.I prepare my flash thumb like that : I copy all files of iso to flash drive and make it bootable with WinSetupFromUsb

I'll find a full version iso and try again

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.