TechSpot

Installing Windows 2000 from iso image

By topgun1111
Jan 17, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I wanna install windows 2000 from iso image to my dual core laptop.There are 4 partitions and I'm using windows xp on H:when I copied w. 2000 files to h and run h:\i386\winnt32.exe, it says I am using a newer version so I Cannot continue.I prepared my flash with WinSetupFromUsb but this time before partition selection section İt asks me to insert window 95 or 98 cd etc.How can I install windows 2000 without cd or ploppy drive.?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,222   +231

How are you creating the iso image in the first place? The iso image should be made from a full version not an upgrade version of the Windows 2000 SP4 install disc. You will also need a virtual CD/DVD utility like Virtual Clone Drive to "fool" the laptop in to thinking that is has a CD/DVD installed

3. topgun1111

topgun1111 TS Rookie Topic Starter

When I tried the iso image with a live cd-usb application.İt doesn't ask me to insert win98 cd.I prepare my flash thumb like that : I copy all files of iso to flash drive and make it bootable with WinSetupFromUsb

I'll find a full version iso and try again