Installing windows xp - getting BSOD 0x00000007b

Hi guys.

I've been checking hundreds of forums, and I didn't find the right answer, so I decided to post my problem here. So here's my story.

I was running Windows XP with Ubuntu installed along. All fine. Then I decided to install only ubuntu over windows, and I was using ubuntu for few days (I did a clean install of ubuntu, so there was no windows anymore). Still all fine. Then I realized that Ubuntu doesnt really fit me.. So I wanted to go back to Windows XP. I booted the CD, Setup was loading all drivers needed for setup, then it said: Setup is starting Windows... , and when it should pop into Section where u format the drives:
Repair%20Windows.jpg

It didnt pop into this, but it gave me BSOD which looked like this:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to yor computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your
computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives
or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure that it is
properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive
corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF7C7A524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have only one hard drive (SATA), and it worked without any problems before installing ubuntu, and it stills works perfectly on ubuntu. I also tried plugging in my old hard disk (never had other installed than winxp), and I got the same bsod, at same section. Though my disk works perfectly on ubuntu, it shouldnt be broken or anything. I know that ubuntu formats hard drive to ext4 format, because ubuntu cant use ntfs, so I tried formatting disk with disk utility in ubuntu to NTFS, but still it didnt worked. I removed CMOS battery, and reseted BIOS settings to default, but still nothing..

Im desperate for getting windows xp back on, so please help me.

Cheers, David

Back