Installing Windows XP Home

Without knowing what your system devices are there is no way for anyone to know for sure. When I install windows, which I often do, some devices work with the default windows driver and some don't. Most Dell computers I have dealt with require the installation of the after market network driver in order to gain access to the internet. If you are able to boot the computer as it is now your issue can be resolved prior to re-installation. Simply use Double Driver to back-up your drivers to a media device. Once you have re-installed Windows you can use Double Driver to restore all the back-up drivers. When using Double Driver you will have the option to choose all drivers, all Microsoft drivers or all non-Microsoft drivers. I choose to back-up all non-Microsoft drivers. Once the list of drivers is generated I scroll through the list and un-check drivers which I have the driver disc for such as my printer, webcam or other device.

The first link below is a video tutorial on how to use double driver. The second link is the double driver download.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5icsMtbI_Qc

http://majorgeeks.com/Double_Driver_d4802.html

Go to your computer manufacturer's website and download the drivers for your particular computer saving them to a removable media. If you need assistance locating the proper drivers post your computer make and complete model number.

Edit: Personally, I would only be interested in downloading the Network driver since doing so will provide you internet access enabling you to download the rest of the drivers after windows installation.

If you are using a brand new HDD, then you will find XP doesn't see SATA interface HDD's.
You will need the drivers for SATA on your make/model pc, and they normally are supplied on Floppy disc. Read this page;
http://www.alexnolan.net/articles/installxpsata.htm
If you don't have the disc, or a floppy drive, you will have to combine your XP files and SATA drivers onto a slipsteamed install disc.
A popular version is 'Nlite' and there are several tutorials online to follow.
This 'issue' doesn't occur in Vista or 7.

ehm idk what u actually want me to post ?
and the only drivers that i have is from the graphics card

Post the make and model number of your computer. For example, If you have a Dell Dimension 4500, or an Hp 864n Media Center, Acer Aspire 5130. Those are just examples.

As to the SATA drivers mentioned by Mike, you can either slipstream the drivers as he referred to or, you can change the BIOS settings to disable AHCI (or RAID which includes AHCI in its functions) and use native SATA IDE emulation mode (SATA/PATA). This is, of course, if your new hdd is SATA. If it is IDE then no need to worry about any of that. Additionally, it will only be necessary if you are not using an OEM disc. The same is true for all your drivers. If you are using the windows disc that came with the computer (OEM) chances are very good it will include all the drivers you need.

With all due respect, for the third time, how can anyone provide you with any advice for your drivers without first knowing the make and model of your computer. Drivers are not generic. They are application specific which means different make and model computers use different drivers.

if you have SATA drives, you will need drivers for the hard disks. Other than that, you will need drivers for printers, scanners, cameras etc.... many drivers can be found during a windows update, but that is not guaranteed.

sound drivers are provided by your motherboard manufacturer or if you have a dedicated sound card, (rare these days), by the sound card maker.

You really need to post specifics about your system. No one here has a crystal ball.

What is the make, model of your. PC. Check for a Service tag. Some pc's have a service tag number that can pull up all the drivers and support for your computer from the manufactures website.

Usually In the back or the bottom. But the same info can normally be pulled up at the manufactures site by imputing the make and model of the PC. Look under support then downloads or drivers on the manufacters site.

Service Tag

It can also be found in the BIOS (twice) under 'Maintenance' heading, also in the 'System info' section, at least it is on mine.
It's a 7 character code, begins with a letter.

OK, let me see if I can make this easier for you. Download the attachment and extract the file. Save it to your desktop. Double click on the file and choose run if prompted. Once SIW opens scroll down the list in the right pane and click on "System Summary". A complete summary of your system will appear in the right pane. Click once on any item in the right pane to highlight it. Right click and choose copy to clipboard. Navigate to "Notepad" and open. Right click on the notepad and choose paste. Come back here and attach the notepad to your reply.

Edit: The file size limit will not allow me to upload the file to this forum. However, you can click on the link below and download it from there.

http://www.filemail.com/dl.aspx?id=QSLDBOSECJPYRPI

Edit2: This is the link to the driver download for your Nvidia Graphics card. Very nice card by the way. I am a HUGE fan of Nvidia.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-266.58-whql-driver.html

Back