Instant computer reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooHellfire

I'm having issues with my PC rebooting when touched by metal. I think it has something to do with how the motherboard or the tower handles static electricity. I've changed the PSU to an Antec TruePower 750W from an Antec 500W, So, it's not an under power issue. After changing that and going to put the side back on the tower, the system did one of it's instant restart routines as soon as the side touched the tower. Usually, it does this when I go to plug in a usb cable and the metal touches the front of the tower (short description here: The tower is an Antec Solo so it has what looks like brushed aluminum on the front, although I think it's plastic). Thing is, when it does this, it never gets back to Windows. I have to do the manual 4sec shutdown and then cold reboot it for it to come back. So, so far, I've returned the motherboard once, swapped out ram for one on the QVL reseated the mobo with the cardboard "rings" and changed out the power supply. Short of changing out the tower, I'm not sure what to do.

Here's my specs:
Antec Solo Case
Antec TruePower 750W PSU (was 500W)
M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 Mobo (w/ 1301 Bios)
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (Deneb
DDR3 Corsair 4GB Ram @ 1333Mhz
Seagate 500GB Sata II Drive
LG Internal Blu-Ray Drive
PNY Nvidia 9600 GT Video Card
ATI TV Wonder 650 PCI

Status
Not open for further replies.