TechSpot

Insufficient system resources

By smileyface
Sep 23, 2009
  1. Hello all,

My computer is sick. Takes long time to start up and runs extremely slow. Can access files but when I try to start explorer or task manager or other program, I get message: Insufficient system resources exist to complete requested service.

I ran a virus scan in safe mode, which came clean except for 5 warnings (could not find any compatible Direct 3D devices). The antivirus program could not scan my C drive (message: file could not be opened) and system error (21): The device is not ready (master boot sector HD2-HD4). This all started after my antivirus window popped up and warned me about a couple of things which I promptly deleted.

I'm just a techie-wannabe looking to fix my problem and upgrade my status to techie-in-training but I've exhausted my own knowledge so here I am.

Much appreciated.

2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 11,966   +70

From what you describe it sounds like you have some serious infection issues. Thus, this is more of a Virus and Malware removal forum issue. Read and follow the UPDATED 8 Step sticky. Don't skip any steps.

3. smileyface

smileyface TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks. I will post in the virus/malaware forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.