Integrated graphics card is gone?

Tbal45

I had to format my computer change the hard drive and install windows XP from an old 2002 CD I had and now my computer is not recognizing my intel integrated graphics card. When I go on device manager there is no "display adapters" category at all and before it used to say what chipset I had under the general tab in system properties, and under the display tab in dxdiag, but now it doesn't say anything. How can I fix this?

Ok I fixed the graphics card by downloading the driver, but now my sound is gone too. It says no audio device and I already downloaded the realtek high definition audio codec but I dont know what else I need to download in order to get it working.

my pc model is PW784AA-ABA M1264N if it is still needed

I went on the site and downloaded the AC'97 driver but nothing changed and I still have the problem

Your chip set for audio is a ALC880 which is high def. Go www.softpedia.com . You should fine the driver you need there. Just click on the drivers tab the scroll down the side menu and click on sound drivers. When the windows open click on realtek.. Look for realtek HD AUDIO DRIVER 2.70 2000/20003/win xp. Hopfully this will work for you.

You should also make sure you are installing ALL of your motherboard chipset drivers. I've ended up helping others who got ahead of themselves, and tried to install audio drivers before all of the main chipset drivers were in place, which is basically like trying to take a picture with the lens cap still on the camera. If the system doesn't yet have the tools to properly identify the audio components that you are loading drivers for, the drivers never get assigned correctly. It's usually the first thing I check when I get the cry for help with "I reloaded and don't have <network, sound, video, etc> now."

Back