Integrated graphics or PCI video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got an HP 752n with a P4 2.0. I've recently upgraded to 1G of RAM and now I want a little better graphics than the Intel integrated graphics can provided. However, there is no AGP slot. Is it possible to install a PCI graphics card? And if it is possible, is it worth it?

Integrated graphics are the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to performance. ANY fairly new graphics card would be much, much better.

Having AGP would make things a lot easier, but I'm sure ATI or Nvidia have made versions of their "older" cards in PCI format. I don't have the time to look them up right now, but the answer to your question is yes: they are definitely worth it.

-JustinPS

Yes

Yes there are many PCI Video Cards. THe top of the line as far as i know is the 5700LE. Do not get the 64-bit version. An example of it can be found herePCI grahpics aRe better then onboard.

Sean

Pci Express

Welshman go for the x850 xt from pci express it is way worth it trust me i have that card and if you whant something cheaper go 4 the x800 xt you wont go wrong trust me it is sooooooo worth buying..... good luck
Sebastian

go pci express but are you sure that there is no agp bus. i have never seen a computer that hasnt had at least a 1x 2x or 4x agp aperture. even very old computers have them. what is your motherboard modle... if all else fails go pci bus for sure over integrated always. you get your own memory for your graphics card that way which will no matter what boost your total performance for your computer

Stay as far away from pci express as you possibly can, unless you want to upgrade your motherboard and cpu while you're at it...

Since you've got a prebuilt computer, there will only be a minimum of components on your motherboard, and AGP isn't one of them. As AtK SpAdE said, it seems the 128-bit version of the FX 5700LE is the best available...

In the long run, you might look into upgrading into a new system with a new motherboard and cpu...

thanks for the info

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Indeed, I want a bigger and better computer with a better CPU and motherboard, but I when I do I want to go the whole nine yards. Not enough money for that now, so I'm going to keep my current system at least until I finish university.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back