Integrated Video Card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

VietMinh

I recently bought a Nvidia GeForce MX 4000... and I install it in my PC. My Integrated Video Card is VIA/S3G UniChrome. I have two video card in my system.. the problem is for reason my PC speed is extremely slow! It is because I have two video card in my system or something else. please reply. I would be lucky if this message would even be post(because of pc speed)

Did you disable the onboard video in your BIOS?

You need to disable the onboard video in your BIOS. This setting is probably in the section called "Integarted Peripherals".

then you will need to go to device manager to uninstall your integrated video. if you don't know how, go to control panel, choose system, click on the hardware tab, click on the device manager button. look under display adapters and find the integrated video. right click on it and choose uninstall. if its not under display adapters, try sound video and game controllers.

Can't..

I did uninstall the VIA/S3G UniChrome Integrated Video Card and restarted my PC and after that...it automaticly reinstall the video card back...

It helps a little bit. But when I download anything my transfer rate is 2.30 instead of 5.36(I have dial-up). And my PC is still kind of slow.

Lets start from scrach what are your computer specs? and why are you running two video cards do have dual monitors? And your video card has nothing to do with your transfer speed..

What if his new video card and his modem are sharing an IRQ? It may slow things down a bit. Somebody walk him through checking the IRQs - I'm feeling lazy.

Ok.. I'm back. I was unable to stay online for some reasons but after I disable my Nvidia graphic card and enable my VIA/S3G Integrated Vide Card I was able to stay on. My ISP is AOL. It kick me off everytimes I use my Nvidia card. It rarely kick me off when I use the VIA/S3G card

I Found out what is wrong!

I look at both of my video card IRQ and it seem that my Nvidia and Integrated VIA/S3G video card are using the same IRQ. They both use IRQ 16. And now how do I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back