Integrated webcam is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor122559

I just recently got a Acer aspire 5920 notebook. It came equipped with windows vista home premium. I don't like vista so I got rid of it and installed XP pro SP3. Now the integrated Crystal Eye Webcam is missing and nowhere to be found. I have tried to locate the installation software for XP with no luck. Does anyone know where I can find it or will my webcam only work with Vista? If I have to I can still do a factory restore. I didn't delete that partition.

You might need to resintall vista because that is what it was built for. If you do not want to resintall vista you should go to the Acer website and download the driver for your webcame and see if it will install on XP, if it does, then your webcam should be located by the machine and should work properly. If that does not work, you should put the original OS back on your laptop. Personally, i dont think you should have downgraded from vista because the computers hardware was not built for XP.

Thank you. I'll try to insall the drivers and see if that works. I really can't stand Vista. It is harder to operate than XP and doesn't have alot of the same functions. In my opinion, XP is not a downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back