TechSpot

Integrated webcam non-existant?

By nessab2011
Apr 5, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Okay guys, I have tried alot, but to no avail. I have a dell inspiron 1545 and have had it for a couple years now. I have never had a problem using my integrated webcam until recently. I didnt use my computer for a month, had it stored away and when i went to use it the webcam just wasnt there anymore. I have tried uninstalling webcam central and reinstalling, reinstalling drivers for the integrated webcam, even reinstalled windows 7 (factory os) and updated all drivers and reinstalled everything and still, when i open the webcam program or any webcam program it basically says nonexistant. What do I do?
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,371   +167

The web cam hardware may have failed :(

Look in Device Manager. Do you see any sign of it? Anything listed under Image devices? Or do you have an Other device category?
  3. nessab2011

nessab2011 TS Rookie Topic Starter

=[ no. i dont even see an images option or other. no sign of it. this computer isnt that old but old enough to not be valid with manufacture warranty

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.