Intel 915 Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

phlip67

I have a new computer with Intel 915G Graphics, and I would like to play Halo on it. I used to have a computer with an old ATI Radeon IGP 340M and halo ran perfectly, but on my 915G, DirectDraw is not available in DXDIAG. Could anyone help me with this problem? I updated the drivers and everything, and I tried reinstalling the video card as well.

Here's my system info:
Pentium 4 processor @ 2.8 Ghz
Intel 915G Graphics chipset, Memory unknown
512 MB of RAM

Intel® 915G Express Chipset Graphics and Memory Controller Hub
Is not your Video card.

Please put your System Specs in your Profile

If you have a proprietory computer like Dell; HP; Acer etc, please manually write this in the mobo field (ie Dell Dimension 3100 - as an example)

The Intel 915 Chipset is long discontinued, But most of these boards have a PCI-E X 16 socket so you can add on a more potent video card.

The only time these thing are supposed to have only 64MB of memory dedicated to graphics, is if the machine has only 256MB of memory installed. At 512MB (installed memory) the graphics engine should have up to 224MB available to it. (Note here; kimsland who knows what evil Dell visited upon the chipset).

Any old Nvidia 7xxx card will likely out perform it, so you might want to begin to investigate going that route.

One caution, you can't go very far up in the 7xxx series without upgrading the power supply also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back