Intel and Raptr join forces for PC game optimization

Scorpus

Staff member

intel raptr gdc gdc 2015 game optimization hd graphics

Both Nvidia and AMD have already dabbled in automatically optimizing the settings of PC games to match the hardware they're running on. GeForce Experience provides this service for Nvidia hardware, while a Gaming Evolved variant of Raptr does a similar thing for AMD-powered systems.

Intel is also jumping in on the bandwagon, today announcing their very own partnership with Raptr at the Game Developers Conference. Like with AMD's variant of Raptr, the special Intel build crowd-sources data to find the best game settings for your system, targeting performance or quality depending on your preferences.

The Intel variant of Raptr (pictured above thanks to PC Perspective) also includes gameplay recording enhanced by Intel's Quick Sync technology, which encodes the video using hardware acceleration. For gamers that aren't up to date with drivers, Raptr will notify you to download and install new builds when they become available.

While many enthusiast gamers scoff at the idea of automatic game optimization, for gamers with limited graphics hardware - like you'd get from Intel's integrated graphics - squeezing out the most from your system is key. A program like Raptr could go a long way to give entry-level gamers on Intel hardware the best experience possible.

The Intel variant of Raptr is available to download right now through the Raptr website if you want to try it out.

Permalink to story.

I don't scoff at the thought of automatic game optimisation, in fact I don't know how I managed without it before, It's a great idea and time saver.
I couldn't be bothered with taking days to set up the graphics perfectly then forgetting what I bought the game for in the 1st place, I just want to start playing ASAP and Nvidia's GFE gets it pretty spot on in my experience.

This is cool and all... but who games on an Intel IGP?

People on the road? Maybe someone trying to kill some time?

I know it's not the best, sometimes not even close to acceptable, but it can get you out of a tough spot =P

This doesn't do anything with Intel CPUs? It would be nice since I have Intel/AMD combo.

I don't scoff at the thought of automatic game optimisation, in fact I don't know how I managed without it before, It's a great idea and time saver.
I couldn't be bothered with taking days to set up the graphics perfectly then forgetting what I bought the game for in the 1st place, I just want to start playing ASAP and Nvidia's GFE gets it pretty spot on in my experience.

I couldn't agree more. I don't have time to fiddle with the myriad of adjustments in modern games. it's cool that those options are there, but having just one slider that basically just goes from HQ(slow) to LQ(fast) is very helpful. I know these things get tons of hate, but I don't care, I like it.

Back