TechSpot

Intel centrino for gaming?????

By Neojt
Nov 15, 2005
  1. Hey all

Im about to buy myself a laptop computer for scool and i was wondering if it was worth it to buy a model a bit more expansive but carrying a good video card. :confused:
    the 1 im looking at is a toshiba with these specs

-Intel® Pentium® M Processor 740 (1.73GHz, 533MHz FSB, L1 Cache 32KB/32KB, L2 Cache 2MB)
    -512MB DDR2, 533MHz
    -100.0 billion bytes, Enhanced IDE, 5400rpm
    -NVIDIA® GeForce™ Go 6600 with 128MB DDR dedicated video memory, PCI Express 16x
    - 17" screen

now is the intel centrino capable of running big games like Americas army an call of duty2 ?? that is the question !! if not i dont tink its worth paying for the graphic card in there !!

would appreciate advise /comments or personal exeirience (have one tried it kinda thing)

tanks alot
    Neo :cool:

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

It will play those games fine especialy since they are more GPU limited then CPU. The Pentium-M included in the Centrino package is a very capable gaming CPU.

3. spartanslayer

spartanslayer TS Rookie Posts: 464

Get at least 1GB or ram. 512 just isn't enough, and another 512 will only be $40. Everything else looks great though. It should run any game out there will more RAM.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.