TechSpot

Intel clarifies 'Ivy Bridge' launch rumors, eight-week delay inaccurate

By Shawn Knight
Feb 28, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Intel has officially weighed in on the controversy surrounding the launch of Ivy Bridge, noting that “reports of an eight-week delay to the Ivy Bridge launch are inaccurate.” Spokesperson Jon…

Read the whole story

2. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,175   +176

Odd that they would hold back launch of the whole platform for a niche market segment?

3. Perhaps, but speaking only for myself, I am delaying my purchase of an Ultrabook until Ivy Bridge hits. The Ultrabook form factor, especially Dell's, is VERY attractive, but the current HD 3000 GPU onboard is a non-starter. I think that it's very possible that Intel realizes that there are a lot of users who want the increased performance from the Ivy Bridge HD 4K chip and are waiting in the wings to buy the units once they're available.

4. Sounds like that niche market is growing and they needed to reassess plans, maybe even retool some production lines to shift. Personally, when my 45W TDP SB processor was delayed for so long I decided to just wait for Ivy Bridge.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.