Intel confirms a smartwatch is in the pipeline

By Shawn Knight
Jun 18, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Intel chief technology officer Justin Rattner recently confirmed rumors that the chip maker is indeed working on a smartwatch. The admission came during the Bloomberg Next Big Thing conference where the executive said the watch was part of the company’s...

Read more
  2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,229   +314

Geez...using that hand and finger as reference, those damn things are HUGE. No way would I want that hanging on my arm.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,067   +1,180

If they don't function as a cellphone or at least a UI for one, I don't see the point.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,188   +511

Smartphones, Smart glasses, Smart watches... Next thing you know they'll be bringing out smart hats & caps that can automatically change your teams emblem in case you get into trouble shouting for the wrong team at the game. If that doesn't work, maybe you could pick up a smart knuckle duster next.
    I wonder how smart underwear will function...
  5. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,067   +1,180

LOL, that give me a hefty chuckle.
    Gender sensors, possible warnings against hitting on an unintentional sex type? :p
  6. Pretty soon no more watches allowed for students writing exams.
  7. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 160   +22

Why do we need this we have a phone that has the time
  8. At last Intel found function for atom cpu, lol
  9. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,097   +724

I have a nice Gshock solar watch, that is all I need.
  10. Smart phones, smart TV's, smart cars... just add the word 'smart' and anything sells well.
    Also, the more smart things you have, the more vulnerable you are to attacks with whatever purpose. Not only pity thieves can steal your car/watch/etc. , hackers can break into it and do their stuff.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.