Intel Core 2 Duo & Intel Core i7

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bellb

Hi, I am wanting to buy a new laptop but I have got stuck between 2 different laptops processors.
Laptop One - has an Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz
and
Laptop Two - has an Intel Core i7 1.60GHz.
Now I know that i7 is basically Quad but with it been 1.60GHz does this mean that it is slower than the Core 2 Duo, about the same speed or Faster.
Please could someone advise because I haven't really researched on the i7 Processors before.
Thanks For Reading
Ben

The i7 will be faster and better, but they not yet have all the kinks out. Were it me, I would wait six weeks for all the reports and reviews to come in. As it is, you will love the Core 2 Duo... it is well tested and reports are generally very good.

The i7 laptop will be faster, even with the lower clock speed. But it will also run hotter and consume more power (meaning poorer battery life) compared to the Core 2 Duo laptop. For most applications, the Core 2 laptop should be fine.

If you are going to do a lot of content creation using software like Photoshop, Maya or 3DSMax, then the i7 laptop will be a better choice. I would recommend a desktop as the best choice for the latter however; it would work out cheaper and give you the best results IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back