TechSpot

Intel demos wireless charging proof of concept for keyboard, phone

By Shawn Knight
Jun 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Intel showed off a couple of new inductive charging options for keyboards and smartphones at Computex. Both demos were more a proof of concept than anything but the latter of...

Read the whole story

2. Adhmuz

Adhmuz TechSpot Paladin Posts: 930   +106

Old technology again being brought to the table by Intel.

3. yRaz

yRaz TS Addict Posts: 958   +114

Power a wireless keyboard from 5 feet away, then I'll be impressed. Since you need the charging pad to use it I'd say it's still far away from wireless. It might not be connected to it directly but it's still an extra cable laying around on my computer desk. I'd rather just change the batteries in my keyboard every three months.

@Adhmuz, I wouldn't say this is old tech and what are you trying to imply about Intel?

4. interesting how @ the home screen, the menu type thing pops up. lol

5. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Yeah, I'm with yRaz. While a cool idea, its basically no different than having to plug something in.

Just because instead of a wire that plugs in you have to make physical contact, doesn't really change things practically at this level.

6. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,930   +569

Thank you, Intel. Could you, please also offer a version that uses a car battery - I found this an awfully practical on-the-go solution.

gwailo247 likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.