Intel Extreme Graphics 2 XGA 1200x800 support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intel Extreme Graphics 2 XGA 1280x800 support?

Hi, im new here and i really have searched hard for many weeks to resolve this issue to no avail. I will be very impressed if someone can help.

Im having problems with intel 855gme graphics drivers (Intel extreme graphics 2) on my clevo M12CW/M121W/M120W (4 yrs old, XGA 1200x800) and dont know where to turn.
The basic driver that came with the computer, regularily when i open a browser window or video window, the screen goes stripey grey. Everything seems to be fine underneath as i can shut down with no problems but no screen until i reboot.

I installed the latest drivers (and tried those inbetween to no avail) and this seems to overcome this problem but there seems to be no support for XGA resolution.

The new driver says in display>settings that monitor is digital flat monitor 1280 x 1024, but my screen is 1280 x 800 (XGA) and there is no option to change that. The only resolution that is usable is 1280 x 768, which fits the screen, but the text and icons are slightly distorted.

Ive searched all driver sites, intel drivers and the give the same driver for the GM and GME.
Is there any other drivers i could possible use for this resolution or is there one i can't find.
Im running Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0, would an upgrade resolve this (excuse my ignorance on this one, i don't know much about BIOS upgrade and will have to read up)
There must be others with this model that have had similar issues over the past 3 years.
Im running XP Pro with SP3.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back