Intel GMA 950 have trouble displaying 1920x1200

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebolamonkey3

Hi, I just bought a new monitor (the Samsung 2693HM) and I cannot get my notebook (linked to it through VGA) to display 1920x1200 (the monitor's native resolution) on there. Right now it's running at 1280x800 (my notebook's monitor's native resolution) on the Samsung with black bars on top and bottom.

My notebook (Sony Vaio N110G) runs on Intel GMA 950, which according to Intel, can support resolutions up to 2048x1536 at 75hz, so it shouldn't have any problems with this monitor, but I can only get it to run on resolutions equal to or lower than the native resolution of my laptop monitor (ie. 1280x800 or lower). Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if this should be in here or the display section.

The Intel GMA 950 graphics will display at 1920 X 1200. I know this because I'm sitting here staring at one. Although it's in a desktop with provision for only one monitor, therefore that could be irrelevant here.

Have you gone into display properties yet and identified the monitor? Right click on the desktop, then on the "display properties" click on the "settings". Right click on the monitor 2 icon, and see if it will allow you to set the resolution from there

Funny. Got it to work at 1920x1080 even though the native resolution for the monitor is 1920x1200. Can't get to quite right. Any ideas?

Funny. Got it to work at 1920x1080 even though the native resolution for the monitor is 1920x1200. Can't get to quite right. Any ideas?

The GMA 950 graphics are sort of finicky and do crash from time to time, and don't always get the idea of what they're connected to the first time, every time. So here, unhook, reboot, re-hookup the monitor, reboot. If still no go, an updated graphics driver may be available at Intel's website.

My GMA 950 had been crashing from time to time, but I was forced to reformat and reinstall Windows, so the graphics haven't acted up as much. Every once in a while, my "Firefox Downloads" folder appears on the other side of the screen. No biggie, I can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back