Intel hires will-i-am from the Black Eyed Peas

Emil

Multi-platinum music artist, producer, front man for The Black Eyed Peas, and seven-time Grammy winner has been hired by Intel as "director of creative innovation." The company signed will.I.am for a multi-year, hands-on creative and technology collaboration, but wouldn't give any specifics beyond the fact that this was a "marrying of two worlds -- entertainment and technology."

"Nearly everything I do involves processors and computers, and when I see an Intel chip I think of all the creative minds involved that help to amplify my own creativity," will.I.am said in a statement. "Teaming up with the scientists, researchers and computer programmers at Intel to collaborate and co-develop new ways to communicate, create, inform and entertain is going to be amazing."

Intel will collaborate with will.I.am on many creative and technology endeavors that may include laptops, smart phones, and tablets. He is also already working on music expressly for Intel. In short, it's a huge PR initiative, which is surely costing the company millions of dollars.

"We're thrilled to tap into the limitless creativity will.I.am brings to the table," Deborah Conrad, Intel vice president and chief marketing officer, said in a statement. "He's not only a brilliant artist and producer, but also an innovator pushing the bounds of technology professionally and personally. We share a strong interest in innovation around music, art and lifestyle, and are excited to join forces to establish an authentic, emotional connection with consumers. Intel is in the midst of transforming the way we communicate with people. Our partnership with will.I.am is a prime example of how we want to convey and deliver the Intel experience. It's imperative that Intel and our innovations are kept in front of the global youth culture that embraces new devices and new forms of communication and entertainment."

Permalink to story.

sarcasm said:
In other news, AMD signs on Justin Bieber

That'd actually be a very good call. All those mindless fans will be badgering their parents to buy AMD products. I'd predict juggernaut status in two weeks tops!

This will be about the same as when Microsoft got the guys from "Pimp My Ride" to design the xbox 360. All he will do is designs for logos and stuff, maybe some music for commercials or something. He's clearly not qualified to work on developing anything technical.

He says he uses computers all the time, so he gets a job at intel? Hey, I use them all the time too, I guess I'm also qualified to work at intel. Is this some kind of free money "job" he got because he tried to run for president of Haiti and was told "no, you don't live here, you can't be president" then cried about it in the media? Did whoever was trying to back him in his presidential bid land him this "job"?

nevermind, that was Wyclef Jean. I get confused with all the talentless people making tens of millions of dollars whoring themselves in the media all the time. My bad! Still stupid that this black eyed pea dude gets a job at intel!

Wow, easy on the jealousy.
Like you would turn the job down if intel came knocking on your door.

Who gives a S*** anyway.
Intel want to sell to more products to more mindless consumers - business as usual.

Back