Intel 'Ivy Bridge' desktop chip prices leak

By Jos
Dec 19, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. We already have a pretty good idea of what the initial Ivy Bridge lineup is going to look like when Intel releases its next chip refresh in the first half…

Read the whole story
  2. StrayEagle

StrayEagle Newcomer, in training

3. venomblade

venomblade Newcomer, in training Posts: 69

And they said due to no competition by AMD that the prices would've skyrocketed. Good on Intel to prove em wrong. That 3570k is lookin' mighty tasty
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,824   +1,435

Whats with the 5 and 7 for the third digit in the moniker?

Anyone have a clue as to what that means? Looking at the chart, I can't even speculate as to what it could be.
  5. distantreality

distantreality Newcomer, in training Posts: 54   +6

Now if they could up the frequency and reduce the watt and price on the LGA 2011 that would be awesome lol
  6. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 958   +96

i5 and i7
  7. Emexrulsier

Emexrulsier TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 207   +6

no cause some i5s have 7 and vice versa
  8. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Just to confuse people even more. Because the S, T and K designations aren't confusing enough.

Anyone else surprised they haven't clocked these higher? I mean come on, only 100Mhz bump over the SB parts they're replacing?
  9. How about i3's? Any news on that?
  10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,824   +1,435

I thought so at first then I noticed these:
    • Core i5-3470T
    • Core i5-3570K
    • Core i5-3570T
  11. Am I the only one stupidly impressed by the listed TDPs?

I cannot wait for Ivy Bridge to come out - I've been waiting ever since there was talk that the previous release (that turned out to be Sandy Bridge-E) was announced. I'm still on my old Core 2 Quad, and it's finally starting to show it's age in CS5, SolidWorks and BF3 (all 4 cores, continuously maxed out - with all the settings on low),
    Getting this, some nice, super-fast DDR3, and an SSD for boot and programs.

12. DokkRokken

DokkRokken Newcomer, in training Posts: 275

My understanding is that Intel's focus with IB is decreased consumption and better efficiencies. Anyone expecting major speed gains over SB is being unrealistic.
  13. Need benchmarks, particularly for the integrated GPU, to determine how valuable waiting for Ivy Bridge is for those thinking of upgrades. If you can squeak by without by discrete graphics, then Ivy will be huge. Otherwise, it makes sense to pick up Sandy Bridge if there is a big price drop/inventory clearance since CPU gains are so-so.
  14. I've read elsewhere that they aren't coming out until later. Possibly because the tech geeks that care wouldn't be using i3, anyway...?
  15. The socket better be 1155.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.