Intel, Micron announce 25nm NAND flash breakthrough

By Julio Franco
Feb 1, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intel and Micron are announcing today that its joint venture company, IM Flash Technologies, is ready to sample the first 25nm NAND-based flash memory technology. In fewer words, that is the smallest semi-conductor process in the world.

Read the whole story
  2. That's madness!
  3. neonicblue

neonicblue Newcomer, in training

its funny that the processing power is continuing on with its own momentum but the codes that dictate the process are still as ancient as it first originated...
  4. NeoFlux

NeoFlux TechSpot Member Posts: 81

This ... Is ... Intel !!!!
  5. What happens when they start approaching 0 NM? It can only get smaller for so long..
  6. compdata

compdata TechSpot Paladin Posts: 604

Here is an article to read up on some of the effects if you are interested. It is a year or so old so some of the numbers are a little out of date, but they project ~10nm as being the economical limit for transistor technology.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/01/080112083626.htm
  7. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 904   +72

Someday I want to fully appreciate just how small 25 nm really is! I mean I can read about it being on a scale of 1 mile, just the first 20 inches. Or I would need 3000 of these stacked up to be as thick as one strand of human hair. But I wouldn't get just how small this is until I hold one or see it made under the microscope.

And the talk about putting solid dtate memory directly on to motherboards bypassing SATA buses and really speeding up "disk" access sounds crazy cool. I can't wait to see that!
  8. ruzveh

ruzveh Banned Posts: 124

god pls roll out the products soon.. i m waiting for buy
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.