TechSpot

Intel, Microsoft make annual World's Most Ethical companies list

By Shawn Knight
Mar 21, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Adobe, Intel and Microsoft have all been recognized in Ethisphere Institute’s sixth annual World’s Most Ethical (WME) companies list. This year’s list includes a record 145 companies spanning over three…

Read the whole story

2. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

I'm more interested in those that make the World's most Unethical ... hardy har har... no... I'm serious.

3. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Maniac Posts: 585   +79

i find that funny.. consider Intel just got slapped with billions of fine for unethical business practice in Europe and US for unfair practice of subsidizing PC manufacturer to sell exclusive intel chips.

4. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 637   +117

Howzz wasn't that a couple years ago?

5. the microsoft windows has an old bug that is so rare that it has never been patched, plus it is relatively easy to fix. when you get the unauthorized error you have to reinstall windows, inconvenient yes, but easy. as for windows being a copy of mac's os lololololol what a *****! apple took freeBSD and slapped their logos on it.

as for ethical, apple hasnt innovated crap, but they sure can sue. and their eula's will eventually lead to lawsuits and their down fall. you cant keep screwing consumers, consumers will bite back......harder too

6. backo

backo TS Member Posts: 58   +8

Yes, it was.

7. mevans336

mevans336 TS Enthusiast Posts: 163   +11

Hrm, the guest posts here have no method to filter or eliminate them.

8. Royalgok

Royalgok TS Member Posts: 31

I know who definitely wouldn't have made this list: Apple.. And Google for that matter

9. mevans336

mevans336 TS Enthusiast Posts: 163   +11

Why not?

10. Pretty much any company that buys from foxconn will not even be considered on the ethical list; or at least one might think so. I wonder just how many companies out there in the hardware production (of any type) sector that abuse their employees. Yet if we take a look at Microsoft, Adobe, or Intel; I wonder if they at all buy from such companies.

11. Apple is not on the list; makes A LOT of sense.

12. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 973   +99

Hitachi? Haha, they have yet to return my drive after 3 weeks from RMA that broke down within 5 months.

13. Intel ? Rigggghhhhht.

14. Why shouldn't they be on the list? They have been doing some great work for past few months/years in new types of technologies.

AMD Fanboy?

15. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

I have never seen anyone this jelly before LOL

16. Microsoft and Ethical in the same phrase? wow.....

17. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +19

How does intel who has been found for guilty for unethical issues against AMD have any credibilty to make this list?

18. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Enthusiast Posts: 355   +57

Well this is annual and I don't think Intel or Microsoft has done anything bad in 2011 so yea they can be there. Remember annual means previous years do not matter.

19. About one month early for april fools.......

Microsoft/ethical = oxymoron

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.