Intel p35/g33 compatible with multiple monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm new here, looks a great forum!

Hope I can be of assistance but right now I need some of my own.

I am running dual monitors on an ATI Radeon 7000 and have recently purchased an Nvidia quadro fx 1400 to run another 2 monitors.

So, i found out I am having compatability issues as the new card is only running 640x480 resolution and 4 bit colour, it will not allow me to change this.

My ATI controller now won't let me adjust my first 2 monitors and does not pick up the third.

My chipset is the - intel p35/g33 - If i purchase another ATI Radeon 7000 will this solve my problem? is this chipset capable of running 4 monitors? well, it's running 3 now (one on the nvidia with low colour and res) so i'm sure it can? Will I need to upgrade my power supply? Am I damaging the PC if not?

My board is a Asus P5KC if that helps..

Thanks, James!

Welcome James,
I would recommend not mixing multiple video cards, so installing another Radeon 7000 is a good idea. Besides, only one video driver would be needed

When you say until you visit the forum again? you mean via the same post or via posting on others?

I want to get in with you guys and help as much as I can on issues I am confident with so please let me know on that..

Just purchased another ATI Radeon 7000 from eBay so i'll let you know how I get on!

Thanks Tmagic!

When you get an automated email reply from TechSpot, you cam click on the provided link and it will take you to the thread you have already posted in, or you can choose any other thread in the TechSpot Forum to post in, any time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back