Intel publishes benchmarks of its Arc A750 taking on the RTX 3060 across almost 50 games

midian182

Staff member
What just happened? Intel is likely worried about the amount of negative coverage its Arc Alchemist discreet graphics cards have been receiving, which could explain why the company released a slew of benchmarks showing that the Arc A750 is able to slightly outperform Nvidia's RTX 3060.

Intel revealed the Arc A750 benchmarks for 48 games in a new video on its YouTube channel. Forty-two of these are DirectX 12 titles that include Red Dead Redemption 2 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla, while six are Vulkan games such as Doom Eternal and Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Intel insists that none were cherry-picked.

According to Intel's results, the Arc A750 outpaced the RTX 3060 by 3% on the DirectX 12 games at 1080p with Ultra settings and by 5% at 1440p with high settings. It was a similar story with the Vulkan titles, where the A750 was ahead by 4% (1080p) and 5% (1440p).

Intel used the same Core i9-12900K CPU for all of its benchmarks along with Windows 11. The test PC featured 32GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5-5200 C38@4,800 MHz with an ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Hero board and a MP600 Pro XT 4TB NVMe drive for one set of games. For the other set, 32GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5-5600 C36@5,600 MHz with an ASUS ROG Maximus Z690 Apex board and an 870 EVO 500GB/WD 8TB Black HDD was used.

One of the problems seen with early reviews of the Arc cards is that their drivers still need plenty of work, especially when it comes to DirectX 11 games. The A750 in this test used an Intel engineering driver, so the final versions should give performance a bit of a boost.

Intel hasn't yet revealed the specs of the A750, but it's expected to pack 24 Xe cores, 384 Execution Units, 3,072 shaders, 8GB of GDDR6@16Gbps, and a 192-bit memory bus. The card's predicted to cost between $299 and $399 when it arrives later this year.

We recently heard that Intel's Arc Alchemist project seems to be lurching from bad to worse, with reports of dealers, potential distributors, and manufacturers all showing little to no interest in the cards for various reasons.

We recently looked at the entry-level Arc 3 A380, the only card in the series released so far—only in China. The performance isn't exactly exciting, and it's even worse without Resizable bar.

Some people, including the head of Jon Peddie Research, think Intel should abandon Arc Alchemist altogether, letting it join the likes of Optane on the list of projects Chipzilla has killed off. Given that the Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics Group (AXG) recorded a $507 million operating loss during the previous quarter, it's not an entirely unthinkable scenario.

Permalink to story.

The sooner Intel brings its Arc A750 to market, the better. Had it become available back when anyone who wanted a 3060 couldn't just go out and buy one, it would have helped with the GPU shortage. Now that what we've got is a GPU glut instead, and Nvidia and AMD are both very close to coming out with their next generation of video cards... well, the A750, which would have been enough to at least establish Intel as a credible player, even if a line-up with the A750 at the top of the line is perhaps the bare minimum to achieve that.
It indeed is starting to look like Intel's GPU project will be a disaster for the company, as they will end up coming out with much too little, much too late. However, Intel is a very big company, and so if it looks at the long term, it could eventually become both competitive and profitable in GPUs. Even if they have to sell their A750s cheap.

Ah yes intel always has the most trustworthy of graphs.

My big issue is they need to show some non DX12 and Vulkan titles I know DX11 is mostly gone up with its absolutely crap with "older games" as a PC gamer on a mid range system than can be an issue.

Matching the 3060's average FPS is fine but the problem with the A380 in many games is the 1% lows. Frametime consistency is a basic requirement for immersion and I hope the A750 has them. I want a third player here so I hope Intel can get those drivers continually improving.

If Intel's Ryan Shrout / Shout / Spout (??) provided these results then the truth is 180 degrees opposite - which at least is helpful to know.

I'm not quite sure what the incentive is for buying one of these, when an RTX3060 with mature drivers can be purchased for $350 retail right now.

On a tangential note: it's also worth mentioning the Arc Pro announcement this week (A30M, A40, A50). I think Intel is trying to hype up their AV1 chops to offset the negative gamer press.

Awe, the old ahead by a small margin. Winning is winning. Doesn't matter if you win by a inch or a mile, it's still winning. Intel needed a win and gave one. Some may not like the answer or graphs. The best PR can make or break a company, ask Samsung. Some of the best PR I've ever seen. Especially in the early days of HD when they really took off.

Awe, the old ahead by a small margin. Winning is winning. Doesn't matter if you win by a inch or a mile, it's still winning. Intel needed a win and gave one. Some may not like the answer or graphs. The best PR can make or break a company, ask Samsung. Some of the best PR I've ever seen. Especially in the early days of HD when they really took off.
Right, right, right. Everything here is just words. Anyone can make claims about an unreleased product with cute graphs. Where are the actual cards? We've been hearing about these cards for months and months and months, but where are they? They're always right around the corner, but never actually arriving. Intel claims to be such a big player with all the best technology, yet all we see is delay after delay. By the time they're released none of these graphs will matter because the cards will already be obsolete.

Being Intel's first time in the dedicated GPU space in a very long time, it is a good first effort. Will be interesting to see how their drivers evolve, and how they improve with the next generation "Battlemage" GPUs.

Right, right, right. Everything here is just words. Anyone can make claims about an unreleased product with cute graphs. Where are the actual cards? We've been hearing about these cards for months and months and months, but where are they? They're always right around the corner, never actually arriving. Intel claims to be such a big player with all the best technology, yet all we see is delay after delay. By the time they're released none of these graphs will matter because the cards will already be obsolete.
Hence the PR remarks I made. Everything is just words n graphs. The best PR will make you want something, even if it means waiting.
Delays are a common thing in the world, more so when relying on different countries where parts are made or come from. Whether it be from covid, war or a natural disaster, delays can n do happen.

Will Intel be to late, maybe, maybe not. Time will tell that tale. Intel is doing something that will make them more viable n money in the future. Short term may not look great but the goal is also to look ahead.

If they release the chips and they update massively the drivers, then they will have a chance. If they don't, they won't have another chance

I've never trusted inhouse reviews especially Intel's
so I'll wait and see third party reviews from trusted site like here and TPU and Guru3D

Back