Intel Q6600 with Rampage III Extreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spend tons myself and its not worth the upgrade for me. my II does just fine. Its an i7 only board, although with bios update you can slap in a 6 core cpu as well.

btw in my country... a rampage ii costs €385/$473 where as on ebay its €341/$420 i think im going with the rampage iii extreme, i mean, triple channel n stuff :D u think i should do it or go with another series of motherboards overall?

YOU CANNOT STICK AN I5 IN A RAMPAGE 2 EXTREME, there is a socket conflict. You can do some simple research by google. Not to mention I just said above that its an i7 ONLY board.

If you're not doing any extreme overclocking dont bother wasting your money. Its an overclock friendly board, but being as though you dont know that the board wont fit an i5 I doubt you can be considered an extreme overclocker. Buy a cheaper Asus or Gigabyte board.

YOU CANNOT STICK AN I5 IN A RAMPAGE 2 EXTREME, there is a socket conflict. You can do some simple research by google. Not to mention I just said above that its an i7 ONLY board.

If you're not doing any extreme overclocking dont bother wasting your money. Its an overclock friendly board, but being as though you dont know that the board wont fit an i5 I doubt you can be considered an extreme overclocker. Buy a cheaper Asus or Gigabyte board.

thnks for your reply,after i wrote that yeah i did some simple research and found that you can only fit a core i7 in it, relaxx dude xD and yeah i will be overclocking it, maybe not extremely but i am gna. like i said b4 calm down :)

thnks for your reply,after i wrote that yeah i did some simple research and found that you can only fit a core i7 in it, relaxx dude xD and yeah i will be overclocking it, maybe not extremely but i am gna. like i said b4 calm down :)

Had to put it in caps, seems you missed my most important post this thread. That's why i made sure you'd read it. Some people post for help, then go buy things anyway.

well just in case som1 cares, ive decided to go with the Asus Maximus III FORMULA/GENE motherboard if u still have any suggestions feel free to suggest :)

You will see much better gains across your PC if you just go for an entry level Gigabyte/Asus motherboard and put the money towards a better GPU or SSD or another monitor. The difference between a EUR150 and EUR400 mobo is absolutely mininal in real life.

Also once you put your components in the mobo won't really be visible inside the case and anyway I don't think it's wise to pick components based on looks.

You will see much better gains across your PC if you just go for an entry level Gigabyte/Asus motherboard and put the money towards a better GPU or SSD or another monitor. The difference between a EUR150 and EUR400 mobo is absolutely mininal in real life.

Also once you put your components in the mobo won't really be visible inside the case and anyway I don't think it's wise to pick components based on looks.

better gpu? ^^ im pretty happy with my gtx 260 atm, and pretty happy with my 32'' hdtv :) really i wanted these mobos mainly to b future proof, and with the proper cable managment it will show. anyway i found a maximus formula for €204 :)

ty for your anwser, if u got any more suggestions tell me :D

There's no point in making the mobo future proof, Intel come up with a new socket pretty much every year. In fact there will probably be one out later this year. EUR200 sounds reasonable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back